Diamond Lager yeast is a true lager strain originating in Germany. Chosen for its robust character, Diamond Lager yeast delivers excellent fermentation performance, and has the ability to produce clean, authentic lagers. Traditional styles brewed with the Diamond include but are not limited to Munich Helles, Dortmunder Export, German Pilsner, Bohemian Pilsner, American Pilsner, Vienna Lager, Oktoberfest/Märzen, Dark American Lager, Munich Dunkel, Schwarzbier, Traditional Bock, Doppelbock, Eisbock and California Common.
Classified as a Saccharomyces pastorianus, a bottom fermenting yeast.
Typical Analysis of Diamond yeast:
- Percent solids 93% – 97%
- Living Yeast Cells ≥ 5 x 109 per gram of dry yeast
- Wild Yeast < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Bacteria < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests
*According to the ASBC and EBC methods of analysis
In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 12°C (53.6°F) Diamond yeast exhibits:
- Vigorous fermentation that can be completed in 5 days
- High attenuation and High flocculation
- Neutral Flavor and Aroma, typical of traditional Lagers
- The optimal temperature range for Diamond yeast when producing traditional styles is 10°C(50°F) to 15°C(59°F)
Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation are dependent on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.
Flavor and aroma:
Download Diamond Lager Technical Data Sheet